How to Plan Your Holiday
It’s that wonderful time of year on Kiawah and Seabrook Islands. Spring is in the air and your family is ready to celebrate Easter. From an EGGstravagant Easter festival to a bountiful brunch at Drawing Room, there are lots of fun things for the whole gang to do! Don’t know what activities are taking place, where and when? Never fret, we’ve put together this handy list of things to do to help you plan your holiday on the islands.
Take a look and make a plan:
The Hat Ladies 16th Annual Easter Promenade
- The Hat Ladies 16th Annual Easter Promenade comes back to Charleston, Broad Street, to be exact! Get ready to snap some shots of the ladies in their Easter bonnets as they promenade from Washington Park, down Broad Street, to East Bay and back.
The event takes place from 11:00 am until 11:30 am on Saturday, April 15th. As always, the Hat Ladies Easter Promenade is free. More information available at www.hatladies.org.
EGGstravagant Easter Festival
- The EGGstravagant Easter Festival at Night Heron Park on Kiawah Island kicks off on Wednesday, April 12th from 6:00 pm to 8:30 pm. The family-friendly park hosts this annual event, which is also open on Wednesday, April 19th, offers a bunch of fun for grownups and little ones alike.
Meet other families and have fun playing some Southern lawn games while enjoying the roving entertainment. Jump in the bounce castle or the photo booth to capture a fun family portrait in your new glow gear to remember the great time you had here.
The Island House Easter Egg Hunt
- The Seabrook Island Club invites your family to join them for their annual Easter egg hunt on the front lawn of the Island House on Saturday, April 15th. Located on the Stono River, the Island House is majestic and provides a beautiful setting for fun outdoor activities.
The Island House is on a private island with lush greenery and absolutely stunning views of the river. Come spend a delightful morning with the kids and their new friends. The hunt starts at 10:00 am!
- Bring your family to the Easter service at Freshfields Village on Johns Island. Taking place on the Village Green at 9:30 am on Easter morning. The service is non-denominational and everyone is welcome. Be sure to bring chairs or blankets to sit on to enjoy this lovely outdoor service.
Freshfields Village offers shopping, dining, and businesses that offer services including a bank, a medical center, and a nail salon just for starters.
Easter Brunch at the Drawing Room
- After Easter service at Freshfields Village, strap in the family and head over to Drawing Room for a scrumptious three-course brunch. Executive Chef Forrest Parker is whipping up a spread to delight featuring House Smoked Salmon Pastrami, Buttermilk Fried Quayle and Biscuits, Carrot Cake Trifle, and so much more!
Come chow down on the finest Southern fare around for only $45 per person. Easter Brunch at Drawing Room will be served from 11:00 am to 3:00 pm on Easter Sunday, April 15th.
Let us help you plan your trip to Kiawah Island and Seabrook Island today. The islands are just a short drive from the friendliest city in the country, Charleston, SC! Many different rental properties are available. One is sure to fit your family’s needs.
We also offer a wide array of vacation services from grocery delivery to reservation assistance. The islands are as comfortable as they are gorgeous, and they welcome you and yours with open arms. Reach out now and we’ll lend you a hand!